cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: I18nTransformer : differences between 2.1 and 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:50:32 GMT
Bruno Dumon wrote:

>On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 18:15, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Hi mates,
>>
>>I'm currently porting an i18nized application from 2.0 to 2.1 and hit an
>>incompatible change due to the namespace change between the two versions.
>>
>>Browsing the docs, I can't see any change in the i18n markup. The
>>changes seem only to be in the component's configuration which now
>>accept several catalogues.
>>
>>Did I miss some other important changes (I mean incompatible ones) ?
>>

>We had this discussion some time ago, and nobody seemed to remember why it changed, but
it changed.

>There have been features added but I don't know if (and don't think that) compatibility
of existing features was broken.

>>If not, why doesn't this transformer accept a "legacy" mode with the old namespace
and configuration ? This would allow for immediate back compatibility.

>Seems ok to me. If we tried this before the 2.1 release I would even have been in favor
of dropping the 2.1 namespace alltogether, but now it's a bit too late for that.

Yep, too late. Too bad :-(

>BTW, the old sitemap configuration (before multi-catalogue support) is still supported.

I just finished "legacy" support in the I18nTransformer, and the old
application seems to run just fine.

:-( again !

BTW, on my way to support legacy, I also supported non-namespaced
attributes on "i18n:" elements. This means one can write <i18n:text
key="blah"> instead of <i18n:text i18n:key="blah"> which always seemed
cumbersome to me.

I'll commit this, so that it can go into 2.1.1...

Sylvain