cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: [RT] Starting 2.2
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:09:26 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler wrote:

>Hi, as 2.1 is now out, we should think about starting 2.2.
>
>Here is my idea about how to start 2.2 (I wrote this already some days ago):
>
>We create a new repository cocoon-2.2 and copy (while preserving history) only the real
required parts from the 2.1 repo:
>this should be the core src and the build system. Everything else can be fetched from
the 2.1 repo during the build.

Uh? What's the purpose for a 2.2 repo if we fetch sources from the 2.1 one ?

>In addition I think we should make a "components block" in the 2.1 repo where we move
all components of the core, like all actions, generators etc.

What's the purpose of this ? Do you want to separate the "kernel" (the
very required classes) from the "core" (general-purpose components
unrelated to external libraries) ? If so, what will be part of the
kernel : interfaces, the few statically-accessed classes and the
pipeline/sitemap classes ?

>If we do this we really separate the core from everything else and we don't need to copy
the components into 2.2 as well.
>This reduces duplicate code to the minimum which should imho make bootstrapping 2.2 much
easier.

>What do you think?

I don't clearly understand what you want to achieve...

Sylvain