cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Re: Switching cache to Persistent Store
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:44:00 GMT

> Vadim's already answered you on that but another point is that I'm
> pretty sure there's nothing wrong with the Store(s) or Cache because I
> don't see this happening in the webapp.  You could prove this to
> yourself by configuring the max-objects param for transient-store in
> cocoon.xconf to a very small number (like 5) and then watching items
> go into the persistent storage by using the webapp some.  You can then
> use the sample to clear the MRU store and you'll see that you can
> still get cached responses out of the persistent-store.

I haven't tried all that yet, but I have just got my webapp working via Tomcat rather
than Jetty and:
* load a sample page
* load status page - contains stuff in MRUMemoryStore
* restart Tomcat and wait
* reload status page - MRU and Default stores are both empty

I'm happy that things might make it into the persistent store during the life of a
particular invocation of the servlet container. What I'm complaining about is that the
persistent store doesn't seem to survive a restart of the servlet container/Cocoon.

Regards, Upayavira