cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira">
Subject Re: Switching cache to Persistent Store
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 15:02:56 GMT
On 11 Aug 2003 at 10:43, Geoff Howard wrote:

> Upayavira wrote:

> >>Yes, because Jetty creates a different temporary directory at each
> >>run, while Tomcat always uses the same.
> >

> > So the solution, for Jetty at least then, is to make the path to the
> > work directory absolute (in cocoon.xconf), rather than relative to
> > the context temp dir, which can change.
> >
> > But unfortunately that doesn't explain my CLI problem :-(
> >
> > Regards, Upayavira
> Ah, yes.  I was being dense - you mentioned Jetty (well, :8888) in
> your example and we went from there.
> Can you explain again what you're seeing in the CLI - how have you
> configured the cache/work dir in cli.xconf? (sorry, I'm totally
> ignorant of CLI workings)  Does this problem go away if you
> un-configure my event cache?  EventCacheImpl will clear the cache if
> it is unable to retrieve its serialized state (rare).  Perhaps there
> is a bug related to CLI with that process?

I'm seeing the first request taking 4 seconds, and the second for the same page
taking 0.4 seconds. Debugging the code, the first store.get() doesn't return anything,
but the second does. Restart Cocoon (i.e. rerun the CLI), and you get the same
behaviour, store.get() returns nothing first time and returns something second time.

It seems to work this way all of the time, regardless of what I do!

The work dir is configured in the cli.xconf, and is simply created with new
File(workDir). The cache directory is made from the work dir with cache-dir

Once I worked out what was going on with your EventCache, I removed it, and it
made no difference.

Removing it enabled me to get it to switch to using a persistent store by putting a
<cache> element into cocoon.xconf, but the is persistent store (DefaultStore) doesn't

survive a restart of the CLI, either, i.e. the first store.get() returns nothing and the
second store.get() does.

Any ideas here?

Regards, Upayavira

View raw message