cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Switching cache to Persistent Store
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 14:43:51 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> On 11 Aug 2003 at 16:22, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>

>>Joerg Heinicke wrote:
>>

>>>IIRC it's a Jetty /feature/. Tomcat does not do this.
>>

>>Yes, because Jetty creates a different temporary directory at each
>>run, while Tomcat always uses the same.
>

> So the solution, for Jetty at least then, is to make the path to the work directory
> absolute (in cocoon.xconf), rather than relative to the context temp dir, which can
> change.
>
> But unfortunately that doesn't explain my CLI problem :-(
>
> Regards, Upayavira

Ah, yes.  I was being dense - you mentioned Jetty (well, :8888) in your
example and we went from there.

Can you explain again what you're seeing in the CLI - how have you
configured the cache/work dir in cli.xconf? (sorry, I'm totally ignorant
of CLI workings)  Does this problem go away if you un-configure my event
cache?  EventCacheImpl will clear the cache if it is unable to retrieve
its serialized state (rare).  Perhaps there is a bug related to CLI with
that process?

Geoff