cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Moving Cocoon wiki to proper ASF equipment [was: Re: Releasing 2.1]
Date Mon, 11 Aug 2003 12:13:51 GMT
On 2/08/2003 22:21 Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 02, 2003 at 10:16:47PM +0200, Steven Noels wrote:
>
>>I tried mapping this under the final destination URI space
>>cocoon.apache.org/wiki/ by adding a .htaccess directive under the
>>cocoon.apache.org document root on daedalus which reads as follows:
>>
>><Proxy *>
>>  Order deny,allow
>>  Allow from all
>></Proxy>
>>ProxyPass /wiki/ http://minotaur.apache.org:38080/
>

> ProxyPass can't be in .htaccess.  Redirect directives can.  But, they'll
> see the 'real' URL in the browser.
>
> If I get a chance in the next few days, I'll try to run a simple load
> test against it to see how the JDK fares.  -- justin

The trial instance has been up on minotaur
(http://minotaur.apache.org:38080/) for little more than a week - so I
was wondering whether anyone already had been load-testing it. So far,
it seems stable, even after dualit.netcraft.com has been hitting it with
a lot of exploit URLs.

I'm able to do some load testing myself, but don't want to interfere
with ongoing operations, and I'm sure people over here know better where
to watch for.

Also, I would like your advise as to how to mount the new Wiki location
in the cocoon.apache.org namespace: using mod_proxy or mod_jk, and also
what we should do with (Tomcat) access log files: disable them and let
httpd take care of logging, or add some log rotation scripts.

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org