cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Upayavira" ...@upaya.co.uk>
Subject Cocoon uses unstable EventCache by default
Date Sun, 10 Aug 2003 16:20:39 GMT
I have been having a good look around the caching code, and have found that, by
default, with the EventCache block enabled, Cocoon uses the EventCache code.

Given that the code is marked unstable, wouldn't it make sense for the default
configuration of Cocoon use CacheImpl instead of EventAwareCacheImpl?

It seems to me that this block is somewhat different from many others. Disabling
Linotype or not because it is unstable won't affect the basic running of your
Cocoon setup. However, the EventCache is directly overriding something central
to a Cocoon system, i.e. its cache, with code marked unstable. This doesn't seem
ideal to me.

Best immediate solution to my mind is to mark EventCache block as excluded by
default in blocks.properties. Other solutions are likely to be a lot more
complicated.

[Geoff - nothing against your code! I have ideas where I might want to use it
myself, just going on your own labelling of the code as unstable!]

Regards, Upayavira