cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Andreas Hochsteger <e9625...@student.tuwien.ac.at>
Subject Suggestions for the MIDI Block
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 19:20:10 GMT
Hi Mark!

Congratulations for your MIDI Block!
That's something I also had in some time ago, but never found the time
to do it.

Maybe you're interested in the following link:
http://www.musicxml.org/xml.html

It seems to me that this is going to become *THE* standard for music
data in XML format. There are many programs which already support this
format (Finale, Sibelius, KGuitar, ...). This also made it possible to
exchange music scores between Finale and Sibelius.

An important information for you might be that MusicXML also includes a
representation for MIDI events.

Perhaps you're interested in a proposal of me (which actually was
thought rather as Random Thought [RT]) where I already sketched some
ideas for dynamically aggregating (mixing) music data and serializing it
as binary sound, but have a look at it yourself:
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104482372430759&w=2

Keep up your good work!

Bye,
	Andreas