cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <vadim.gritse...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs/userdocs/offline ant.xml bean.xml book.xml cli.xml index.xml
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:11:53 GMT
upayavira@apache.org wrote:

>  	 <s1 title="Overview">
site generation
>  		   with Apache Cocoon.
>  	 </s1>

Ummm... I don't agree with this description. Cocoon bean should provide
Java interface for embedding cocoon into other applications (and CLI
being just one possible application). Response generated by the bean
does not have to be "offline". It still should be able to support
sessions, and "online" stuff like this. Ideally, it should be possible
to rewrite CocoonServlet to use CocoonBean.

Vadim