cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Garbage or The Quest for the Perfect Template Language
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2003 14:50:16 GMT
Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Checkout the last paragraph of JXPath's PackageFunctions description
> [1], this may be what you're looking for : the whole classpath is
> accessible through fully-qualified names.
>
> [1]
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/apidocs/org/apache/commons/jxpath/PackageFunctions.html

> Sylvain

I've read it and tried to do the following:

<jx:out
value='#{java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(java.text.SimpleDateFormat.new("dd/MM/yyyy"),
someDate)}'/>

where ``someDate'' evaluates to an instance of java.util.Date, but I get
the following error:

org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: Undefined function:
java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format

	Ugo (still searching for the perfect template language)

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it