cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject Re: [RT] Cubist WebApp Team Organization (was Re: AggregateField and SoC (was Re: [RT] Revisiting Woody's form definition))
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 15:07:38 GMT
Andreas Hochsteger wrote:

> Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>> Shared neurons again : re-thinking to my previous post, I realized
>> exactly what you say. The various model extensions needed by each
>> layer need to be physically separated (different people, different
>> files), but must be assembled into a single runtime model.
>> So actually, what we need is a way for people to organise this global
>> model into various files that correspond to their team organisation,
>> so that they don't step on each other's toes. Hence the need for
>> different separations depending on the context.
> Just to be sure:
> By various files you also mean pipelines, which can dynamically
> produce the needed data?
> This would allow many extensions without hacking into woody itself!
> See authentication framework and portal framework, where many parts
> are produced by pipelines.

Dynamic form definitions are a way to handle more complicated case, and
could even be used to handle the results of this long threads without
touching a single line of the current Woody.

But what we want with the proposed refactoring, is avoid the need for
dynamic form definitions for the most frequent use cases. But this
possibility will still be available for specific use cases.

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message