cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Discussion of Cocoon TLP Guidelines
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 12:57:37 GMT
On 4/08/2003 14:02 Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

>>>  - rules and guidelines for incubating projects, w.r.t. PMC
>>> participation, cohabitation with Incubator guidelines
>

> I would say that we remove that paragraph and avoid dealing with it
> altogether.

> the part of new subprojects as well. if somebody asks, we send them to
> incubation right away.

If the concept and process of incubation is properly defined and offers
more than bouncing off the ball to the incubating PMC, I would be
perfectly happy with that. So far, I think it is reasonable to say that
the Incubator is still FUD with the prospect of becoming something
valuable. Also, I loath to see projects being incubated without a clear
destination PMC in mind. While you are absolutely correct in theory,
practice is teaching us something else, so I'd like to discuss this
before moving either way. Off-loading work to a disfunctional project
isn't a way to get the work done. Closely collaborating with the
Incubator might be better, IMHO.

> well, too much mentioning of vetos, IMHO, but I can live with that.

Exactly - I will try and wordsmith along that way. Vetos are community
killers and a discourse of distrust.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org