cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Marc Portier <...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [RT] Cubist WebApp Team Organization (was Re: AggregateField and SoC (was Re: [RT] Revisiting Woody's form definition))
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2003 08:22:25 GMT
Sylvain,

A bit short on time ATM, I don't want to leave you waiting on
some full lenght reply, so I'm jotting down my wild
catched-while-under-the-shower-thoughts:

I'ld like to make some consensus proposal which in my head
(current vague idea) could be hooked up by making distinction
between the run-time and the design-time:

at design time the distinct roles should be able to write up
their seperated view of the reality that hooks up to an agreed
least common denominator (as you describe it) version of the model

at runtime I really would like the unified information (i.e. with
all granularity brought in from both sides) to be present in the
(single) Woody widget-model since I realy believe such would
simplify and streamline things

this might bring us the best of both worlds?
and it somewhat fits in with your upcoming mixing work?
(and maybe this is just what you tried to tell me all this time :-p)

Still on the unease-feel part of things: I have the feeling your
target mix envisions a shift from model-designer role to take up
some of the template-designer role (or vice versa) which leads
you to bring-in the layout-designer to gain a new separation in
the now accumulated (too much) work...

I do see your use case, but there is still some red flag waving
at the back of my brain about how the mix should be possible the
other way around as well (ie towards the back-end)...

-marc=
PS: your reply got me surfin' on the anywhere site: am I the only
one dreaming of seeing some of this supported in the
webappstudio? (would be way out cool, starting to drool already)