cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>
Subject Re: Getting an X from a FOM_X
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2003 21:30:27 GMT
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> You see... Here lies the problem: everything not wrapped in js_ should
> not be accessible. See all those discussions on "less is more" and
> "FOM". Before adding anything into the FOM (adding some new wrapper)
> vote should take place. FOM was limited by design.
>
> Vadim

Oh yes, I see. In fact, I have solved the issue by "unwrapping" the
o.a.c.e.Request in a Java method and haven't added anything to the FOM.

But now I have a need to add the "getRealPath" method to the context,
only because Linotype uses it extensively and I wanted to port it to the
FOM. Is there a particular reason why it shouldn't be there? Before I
start a vote, I'd like to hear some opinions in this regard.

	Ugo