cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: Moving Cocoon wiki to proper ASF equipment [was: Re: Releasing 2.1]
Date Sat, 02 Aug 2003 20:16:47 GMT
On 1/08/2003 22:27 Steven Noels wrote:

> Just a last one: for the sake of having Cool URIs, could someone
> afterwards suggest (or configure) proxy_pass on httpd so that we are
> able to release Cocoon 2.1 (in three weeks) with the Wiki running on its
> definitive URI (http://cocoon.apache.org/wiki/)? Or can we do that
> ourselves using .htaccess?

I have a test migration of the Cocoon Wiki currently running on
http://minotaur.apache.org:38080/ and all seems well, but should be
tested under load. It's running Tomcat 4.1.27 from my home directory on
minotaur, using /usr/local/jdk1.4.2.

I tried mapping this under the final destination URI space
cocoon.apache.org/wiki/ by adding a .htaccess directive under the
cocoon.apache.org document root on daedalus which reads as follows:

<Proxy *>
   Order deny,allow
   Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass /wiki/ http://minotaur.apache.org:38080/

which unfortunately results in a server error when accessing
http://cocoon.apache.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp

The module_proxy seems to be loaded in the config, so obviously I'm
doing something wrong. I can't find anything logged in httpd error_log,
so I'm a bit helpless ATM. Anywhere else I could find more?

Thanks,

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org