cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Xerces-J 2.5.0 now available
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:07:58 GMT
On 1/08/2003 17:06 Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> out implementation is partial and probably not going anywhere, theirs
> might be much more supported and vital.

That _might_ be just the case. ;-)

I wouldn't downplay what we are doing with low-level XML handling stuff,
and also this often results in bugs being reported to the parser gurus.
I've been doing some light XSLT development today, and I ended up being
slightly annoyed with the quality of error handling in Xalan (let alone
the way the eventual messages are being thrown forward in Cocoon).

I'd like to see a more unified approach however to the (n)Include stuff,
it might be better to extend the standards syntax with specific
constructs available as features in Cocoon's own Include transformer,
rather than having two Include transformers side-by-side.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org