cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving Cocoon wiki to proper ASF equipment [was: Re: Releasing 2.1]
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 18:06:02 GMT
Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
>> Infrastructure peeps: this is about the JSPWiki-based Cocoon wiki
>> running on
>> wiki.cocoondev.org. Having run & regularly upgraded this beasty for
>> considerable time, I can attest it's a neat Wiki implementation and runs
>> quite well. I'd be happy to further help maintaining it anywhere it is
>> hosted.
>
> If you are willing to take the initiative and set it up and maintain it,
> we can figure out a solution that works.  But, the infrastructure@ group
> can't/won't baby-sit everything on its own.  So, at least two committers
> have to step up and be willing to maintain it.

OK, count me in. I have a quite extensive experience as a Unix/network
sysadm and, even if I don't exercise much lately, I'more than willing to
help you out. Please consider this as an offer to help not only for this
particular issue, but for everything in Apache where you might see a
need for some sysop helping hand (I'm a bit rusty on FreeBSD, but I use
and maintain daily Sun, Linux and AIX boxes). Yes, this is the long
overdue "may I help you guys on infrastructure" that has been sitting
somewhere for way too long. :-)

> As a starting point, I'd recommend setting up the server on a high port
> on minotaur and get everything working just right.  Once it's all 'up',
> infrastructure@ can figure out what to do next.  But, doing this first
> will ensure that all of the software can/does run on minotaur.  If it
> doesn't run on FreeBSD (or there are problems), then you'll have to run
> it on nagoya (which is a Solaris box).

Makes sense. I understand that there is a long overdue upgrade on
nagoya: again, if it's OK to you, I can do my best to help on this too
(maybe when Pier gets back).

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino