cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <>
Subject [Woody] explicit <wi:style> in <wt:widget>
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:31:53 GMT
Continuing my file format polishing...

Currently, any markup inside a <wt:widget> is copied as is, but
surrounded by a <wi:style> by WoodyTransformer, i.e.
  <wt:widget id="foo">

is transformed into :
  <wi:widget id="foo">

I found several annoyances related to the fact that <wi:style> isn't
explicit in the template :
- it appears automagically and thus is a bit confusing...
- it forbids the use of attributes for styling (e.g. class) unless
they're placed on a dummy element
- we agreed that <wt:field> could contain visual characteristics of the
widget, such as <wi:label>. This means that wi: markup inside
<wi:widget> should not be included in the produced <wi:style> while
non-wi: markup should. Confusing...

For these reasons, I propose to make <wi:style> explicit in the template
file, e.g. :
  <wt:widget ref="foo"> <!-- new "ref" attribute !! -->
    <wi:style class="bar" variant="popup"/>
    <wi:label>overriden label</wi:label>

Thoughts ?

Orixo, the opensource XML business alliance  -

View raw message