cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject [Woody] ids or refs ?
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 13:04:17 GMT
While reviewing the file formats, I was wondering...

Currently, Woody uses the "id" attribute everywhere for identifiers be
there on a defining element (e.g. <wd:field>) or a referring element
(e.g. <wi:widget>).

Now that we will start to mix namespaces and have format & datatype
dictionaries referred to by other files, it seems to me cleaner and more
understandable to differentiate defining and referring attribute.

For this, I propose to keep the current "id" on defining elements and
use "ref" attribute on referring elements.

Thoughts ? Is it nitpicking ?

Sylvain