cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Promotion of [XPath]TraversableGenerators to main trunk
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:38:38 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:

>>Mmmh... "collection" it a bit too vague IMO. Why not keeping the current
>>"directory" namespace ?
>

> At least, we should agree on one name
>
> SourceHierarchyGenerator -> http://apache.org/cocoon/hierachy/1.0
> SourceCollectionGenerator -> http://apache.org/cocoon/collection/1.0
> SourceDirectoryGenerator -> http://apache.org/cocoon/directory/1.0
>
> or DirectoryGenerator.

Makes sense. I'm a bit against using "directory" since it's definitely
filesystem oriented. Both WebDAV and XML:DB have the more generic
concept of "collection" and "resource", which I like. I now tend to
think that, semantically, the best option is to use "hierarchy" and have
the output as:

<hierarchy:hierarchy>
   <hierarchy:collection name="cocoon-2.1">
      <hierarchy:resource name="build.xml"/>
      <hierarchy:collection name="src">
         <hierarchy:resource name="Cocoon.java"/>
      </hierarchy:collection>
   </hierarchy:collection>
</hierarchy:hierarchy>

How does it sound?