cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylvain.wal...@anyware-tech.com>
Subject Re: Promotion of [XPath]TraversableGenerators to main trunk
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 10:19:36 GMT
Gianugo Rabellino wrote:

> Before the upcoming release, I'd like to promote the
> TraversableGenerator stuff to the main trunk. There are several things
> to discuss, though:
>
> 1. naming. TraversableGenerator sucks, yes. I guess the best option as
> of now is SourceHierarchyGenerator, any others?

+1 for SourceHierarchyGenerator

> 2. merge Sylvain's stuff (caching, directory filter...). Sylvain, do
> you think you can take care of that?

Sorry, I should have done this before. Will do it today.

> 3. namespace: is http://apache.org/cocoon/collection/1.0 ok?

Mmmh... "collection" it a bit too vague IMO. Why not keeping the current
"directory" namespace ?

> 4. back-compatibility: should we deprecate DirectoryGenerator? Should
> we provide a stylesheet to convert the output of Traversable to
> Directory's?

There's no need to convert if we keep the current namespace. This would
allow a smooth transition by just changing the class name in <map:generator>

> 5. xpath: I'm starting to wonder whether is OK to have a separate
> XPathTraversableGenerator or if it would be better having a single
> SourceHierarchyGenerator with (optional) XPath capabilities. How about
> it?

Dunno...

Sylvain