cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Promotion of [XPath]TraversableGenerators to main trunk
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 08:03:03 GMT
Before the upcoming release, I'd like to promote the
TraversableGenerator stuff to the main trunk. There are several things
to discuss, though:

1. naming. TraversableGenerator sucks, yes. I guess the best option as
of now is SourceHierarchyGenerator, any others?

2. merge Sylvain's stuff (caching, directory filter...). Sylvain, do you
think you can take care of that?

3. namespace: is http://apache.org/cocoon/collection/1.0 ok?

4. back-compatibility: should we deprecate DirectoryGenerator? Should we
provide a stylesheet to convert the output of Traversable to Directory's?

5. xpath: I'm starting to wonder whether is OK to have a separate
XPathTraversableGenerator or if it would be better having a single
SourceHierarchyGenerator with (optional) XPath capabilities. How about it?

Let's discuss all these issue (and I might well have forgotten some): I
think that at a very least we need a [VOTE] on the namespace afterwards.

--
Gianugo Rabellino