cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Released
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 10:37:57 GMT

On Wednesday, Aug 13, 2003, at 12:15 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
>> Apache Cocoon 2.1 Released
>> --------------------------
>>
>>   The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the new release of
>> Apache Cocoon.
>>

> Woopeeeee ! Congrats to all !

Yeah, impressive job everyone. A virtual pat on the shoulder to
everybody! ;-)

> Now let's work on the 2.2 ;-)

During the last 4 months, I've been collecting wild random thoughts and
some down-to-the-metal ideas on real blocks.

I'm preparing a "collective RT" that includes the talks that I had with
Ricardo (in Ecuador), Gianugo and David Nuescheler [CTO of Day Software
and spec lead of JSR-170] (in Italy) and Syvain and Marcus (in France).

here is the list:

  1) the road to real blocks: how to build it minimizing the impact on
the existing code and with complete back compatibility (yes, it's
possible!)

  2) webdavapps and RequestFactories (also solves the issues with SOAP
handling, upload and eventual cocoon mailet)

and the wildest of all

  3) adding interception capabilities to the flowscript

Expect the RT in the next few days.

--
Stefano.