cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Accessing public static final constants from JXTemplate
Date Fri, 08 Aug 2003 18:36:17 GMT
Hi All,

I have a class called Constants, that is like this:

public final class Constants {
	public static final String FAILURE = "Failed";
	public static final String CANCEL_ACTION = "Cancelled";
	// etc.
}

I wish to share this between my Java 'biz logic', my FlowScripts and
the View Layer.

  I have the first two working as expected, the third I cannot work out

Is it possible to pass the Constants class to the JXTemplate view layer
in such a way that I can extract their values?

I have tried several ways of sending the Constants class to the view
layer, and using #{CANCEL_ACTION} (etc.) in my template, without
success.

Any suggestions?

thanks

regards Jeremy