cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Integratign a W3C XForms implementation into the Cocoon Project?
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 14:04:10 GMT

Since it never arrived...

Berin Loritsch said:
> Robert Simmons wrote:
>> Greetings,
>>
>> One thing that I would like to see is Cocoon supporting the
>> XForms 1.0 standard as described on W3C.
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/Forms/
>>

> I would advise against the XForms standard because it is
> severely broken for client/server type applications.  XForms
> ONLY makes
> sense in a pure client setting.

I would like to hear an elaboration of why this is the case.

Why would this not be useful?

App-->XForm --XHTML adaption--> XHTML form

                              user action

App<--XML Result <--adaption-- XHTML Response

And later when the UA is XForm capable, the adaption stage is
dropped from the pipeline.

Just curious.

Niclas