cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: Porting Cocoon Logging to Log4j - Proposal and Discussion
Date Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:47:57 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi said:
> Berin, I think that Robert has a valid point here, and that is
> similar  to what Avalon said about Logkit and Log4j.
>
> When I was still in Avalon, Avalon had informally agreed to push
> Logkit  EOL in favor of log4j, and the log4j community accepted
> the challenge of  bridging the last differences still remaining.
>
> Why is this point much different from the one Robert is talking
> about?

Well, Robert's assertion is ambigious. Does he say;

Drop
   void enableLogging( Logger logger );

and let every component do,

  logger = Logger.getLogger( this.getClass().getLogger() );

OR,

"Let Log4J be the default logger backend, and have the Log4J
configuration handily available."

I think Berin is -1 on the first, but more receptible to the latter.

Niclas