cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving Cocoon wiki to proper ASF equipment [was: Re: Releasing 2.1]
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 17:32:43 GMT
--On Thursday, July 31, 2003 11:04 PM +0200 Steven Noels
<stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:
> Infrastructure peeps: this is about the JSPWiki-based Cocoon wiki running on
> wiki.cocoondev.org. Having run & regularly upgraded this beasty for
> considerable time, I can attest it's a neat Wiki implementation and runs
> quite well. I'd be happy to further help maintaining it anywhere it is
> hosted.

If you are willing to take the initiative and set it up and maintain it, we
can figure out a solution that works.  But, the infrastructure@ group
can't/won't baby-sit everything on its own.  So, at least two committers have
to step up and be willing to maintain it.

As a starting point, I'd recommend setting up the server on a high port on
minotaur and get everything working just right.  Once it's all 'up',
infrastructure@ can figure out what to do next.  But, doing this first will
ensure that all of the software can/does run on minotaur.  If it doesn't run
on FreeBSD (or there are problems), then you'll have to run it on nagoya
(which is a Solaris box).

If you do run into problems, please let infrastructure@ know and we can try to
help you work through it.  But, it's unlikely we'll take initiative on our own.

As an aside, have you considered using the SubWiki install?  ;-)  If you'd be
willing to use that, I might be enticed to help you migrate to that away from
JSPWiki.  See:

http://cvs.apache.org/wiki/

It's written in Python!  Oh no!  -- justin