cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Larson <timlarsonw...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Need help fixing a Woody flow sample
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:09:06 GMT
Comments inline...

--- Marc Portier <mpo@outerthought.org> wrote:
> Timothy Larson wrote:
> > In woody.js [1] there was a change in version 1.6 that stopped calling:
> >   cocoon.request.setAttribute(this.attrName, this.form);
> > and did this instead:
> >   var bizData = { "woody-form": this.form };
> so shortest hack to me looks like adding
>      cocoon.request.setAttribute("form1", form);
> in front of:
>      cocoon.sendPage("form1-success-pipeline");

I tried form, this.form, and form.form, but only form.form
worked without changing the XSP:
  cocoon.request.setAttribute("form1", form.form);
If you use this in the flowscript:
  cocoon.request.setAttribute("form1", form);
then in XSP how do you get from request.getAttribute("form1")
to a Form object?  I am not too sure how this java<->javascript
interfacing works yet.

> in terms of best practice I would probably be advocating the use
> of jxtemplate in combinaion with flow rather then xsp
>
> (which would avoid your question about jpath logicsheet as well)

I would still like to know the jpath answer, and also how to use
plain java to access a form held by the flow.  Do you know how/have
time to explain it?

--Tim Larson