cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Leszek Gawron <o...@wlkp.org>
Subject cocoon + MS SQL Server problem
Date Sat, 09 Aug 2003 07:21:19 GMT
I am successfully using cocoon as a middle tier to Microsoft SQL Server engine
via Microsoft JDBC driver (SP1). I do not really know if this is a cocoon or a
JDBC driver issue but I'm unable to determine it without your help.

The goal of the project is to provide the end user with alternate client to
various accounting systems. The client application resides on Pocket PC based
devices (C++) and communicates with middle tier via HTTP (sending and receiving
xml instructions and data).

Now the problem:
One of our customers reported that after some days of my cocoon based middie
tier running that his accounting system starts working veeery slow. The only
connection point between my system and the accounting system is the database
as the original accounting clients connect directly to SQL Server database.

|The fix he found: restart Tomcat on which cocoon resides. The effect is    |
|immediate and everything goes back to normal (for 2-3 days).               |
|The version installed at custmers site is cocoon-2.1 (cvs version about a  |
|month old). For my database communication I use __ESQL only__.             |

Best regards
	Leszek Gawron