cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Hunsberger, Peter" <Peter.Hunsber...@stjude.org>
Subject RE: [ANN] Apache Cocoon 2.1 Released
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 14:30:23 GMT
Carsten Ziegeler <cziegeler@s-und-n.de> announces:

> Apache Cocoon 2.1 Released
> --------------------------
>
>    The Apache Cocoon Community is proud to announce the new release
>    of Apache Cocoon.
>
>   Apache Cocoon is a web development framework built around
> the concept
>   of separation of concerns (that is: allowing people to do their job
>   without having to step on each other toes) and
> component-oriented web
>   RAD.
>
>   Cocoon implements these concepts around the notion of 'component
>   pipelines' modelled after the 'process chain' concept where each
>   worker specializes on a particular operation. This makes it possible
>   to use a Lego(tm)-like approach in building web solutions where
>   these components can be hooked together into pipelines without
>   requiring further programming.
>
>   We like to think at Cocoon as "web glue" for your web application
>   development needs. But most important, a glue that can keep
>   concerns separate and allow parallel evolution of the two sides,
>   improving development pace and reducing the chance of conflicts.
>
> For more information about Apache Cocoon 2.1, please go to
http://cocoon.apache.org

Congratulations.

One question; on the download page: (at least on
http://mirrors.midco.net/pub/apache.org/cocoon/ )

There is:

NOTE: The latest release of Apache Cocoon is called Release Candidate 1,
since most parts, especially the core can be considered as quite stable.
Some parts exists that have to be considered as alpha, especially blocks
which are marked as such. This means that there are still few open bugs
and issues that have to be solved for a final release.

Which I think should be changed?