cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Stefano Mazzocchi <stef...@apache.org>
Subject Re: accessing sitemap parameters in a flow script
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 17:35:57 GMT

On Wednesday, Aug 20, 2003, at 11:27 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
>
>> On Friday, Aug 15, 2003, at 23:49 Europe/Rome, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
>
> <snip/>
>
>>> And this really demonstrates how dangerous can be this translation
>>> to positional parameter ;-)
>>

>> why don't we fix this, then?
>

> Well, positional parameters have been there since day one in
> FlowScript, and many of the existing flows, including Cocoon's own
> flow libraries such as XMLForm and Woody rely on this feature.

Can you explain how? I've personally used flow without thinking of
variable positioning, it just happened to be ordered correctly. I can
easily see people pissed off by discoverying this "feature" after hours
of cursing!

> So we can't remove it abruptly.

If we match by variable name rather than by position, it would work
anyway.

... but I have the feeling I'm missing a big point here.

--
Stefano.