cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject converting FlowApp to new FOM
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 11:34:17 GMT
Hi All,

I am in the process of converting a flow app written for Cocoon2.1RC1
to the new FOM.

The first problem I face is with the Request Object.

My helper Java Classes have been written to take an
org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request Object, but now my flowscripts
are not able to pass this anymore.

public interface Form {

	/**
	 * Update the Form from the incoming Request Parameters
	 * @param request Cocoon Request
	 */
	public void populate (org.apache.cocoon.environment.Request request);

// snip
}

The only methods of Request that my Classes call are to do with getting
request parameters.

Is it safe to just convert these classes to use the
org.apache.cocoon.components.flow.javascript.fom.FOM_Cocoon.FOM_Request
and call methods like public String jsFunction_getParameter(String
name) instead?

Or do I need a different approach?

thanks for any help

regards Jeremy