cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Jeremy Quinn <jer...@media.demon.co.uk>
Subject Re: Flow + Hibernate sample offer
Date Fri, 15 Aug 2003 09:44:32 GMT

On Thursday, August 14, 2003, at 06:29 PM, Vadim Gritsenko wrote:

> Jeremy Quinn wrote:
>
>> Dear All,

>> My hope is that this could constitute a sample of working with
>> FlowScript + JX + Hibernate. It would not be otherwise useful to
>> anyone, because it all depends on inIVA's copious data (which would
>> obviously not be supplied).
>>
>> I would either supply the App as a .gzip download, or maybe from the
>> private CVS I use.
>

> Try cocoondev.org

good idea

>> I imagine I would put a page on the wiki to alert people of the
>> existence of the sample, with a link to the download.
>>
>> So, some questions ....
>>
>>     what do you think, is this a good idea?
>

> Yes

Good ;)

>>     should/can I add the Apache license to it?
>

> Not sure that this is possible due to bindings to LGPL code.

Sorry I meant, should I be adding the Apache license to the Java and
Flowscript *I* wrote for project, (not add it to Hibernate code).

>>     does it matter that I used my own form-framework, not Woody,
>> JXForm etc.?
>

> I think use of JXForm (this is the one which is official today?) will
> be much better than homegrown solution.

:-)))

JXForm was the first one I tried, it just did not suit what I wanted to
do ..... Woody was off my radar ..... (bad timing ....)

I use JXTemplateGenerator for views, but my own Form interface for
handling the interaction between Persistable Beans and the front-end.
ie the Form contains the "HTML-Centric" version of the Bean's content,
knows how to translate between them, validates etc. :

public interface Form {

	/** Populate the Form from incoming Request Parameters */
	public void populate(FOM_Cocoon cocoon);

	/** Update the Model from the Form */
	public void update();

	/** Validate the data in the Form */
	public void validate();

	/** Get the Form's Errors */
	public Map getErrors () ;

	/** Set the Form's Errors */
	public void setErrors (Map errors) ;

	/** Does the Form have Errors? */
	public boolean hasErrors () ;

	/** Set the Form's Model Bean  */
	public void setModel (Persistable model) ;

	/**  Get the Form's Model Bean */
	public Persistable getModel () ;
}

>>     would anyone care to peer-review it (to check I have used good
>> practises) before release?
>

> Not me

:-(

>>     should I publish it with a test dataset, so the jUnit tests work
>> (if so, how)?
>

> How would you run it if there is no test data? I think you should
> include some data.

You are right .... I need to bite the bullet and make a unit test (or
something) that builds and populates Tables with test data.

Thanks for the feedback

regards Jeremy