cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jerenkra...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Moving Cocoon wiki to proper ASF equipment [was: Re: Releasing 2.1]
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 20:22:14 GMT
--On Friday, August 01, 2003 22:07:16 +0200 Steven Noels
<stevenn@outerthought.org> wrote:

> The upgrade Pier was planning seems a bit over my capabilities to assist
> with, but if someone can point me out how a servlet container _should_ be
> installed on minotaur (where on the FS, what UID should be owning it, any
> related suggestions) I'd like to step up (together with Gianugo would be
> great) to start with a trial instance on a higher port. Integrating it
> with the httpd daemon in a sensible way might require access and
> assistance from root people anyhow, depending on the strategy we follow
> (mod_proxy, or mod_name_your_favourite_version_jk), so assistance in that
> perspective is welcomed as well.

Yes, what I would recommend is installing everything in your home directory
anyway you (or Gianugo) see fit.  Setup an httpd as a front-end, or use the
native server - don't much care for feasibility checks.  Use a high port,
run it as your UID - make sure that the wiki serves pages reliably.

To do the above, you shouldn't need any special privs or rights.

Once we know that the JDK/servlet container work on FreeBSD (which is an
open question), we can continue the conversation as to how to integrate it
with the cocoon.apache.org site.  I'd prefer using mod_jk2 (if using Tomcat
- or if using Jetty its connector - it has one, right?) over a ProxyPass
connection, but let's cross that bridge when we get to it.

Does that make sense?  -- justin