cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject RE: [BUG] Expired Continuations are not cleaned up?
Date Tue, 26 Aug 2003 09:05:27 GMT
I'm cc'ing dev@avalon since they are probably more knowledgeable on
this. See here for the full thread:

On Tue, 2003-08-26 at 09:39, Giacomo Pati wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> > Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > >
> > > <SNIP/>
> > >
> > > one before and one after the ContinuationsInterrupt, and on my system
> > > (Linux, sun jdk 1.4.2-b28) the messages printed in the execute method
> > > are displayed every second, like it should. (this works without changing
> > > the threads-per-processor parameter)
> > >
> > Ok, I tested on W2k and Windows XP, sun jdk 1.4.1 and 1.4.2. Perhaps the
> > os is the difference?
>
> No! I've the same system where any additional Commands won't be
> triggered (Linux, sun jdk 1.4.2).

Did some further tests.

For me it doesn't work with 1.3.1_04-b02 (or more precisely: the tasks
are executed just once), and the first time I tried with 1.4.1-b21, the
tasks were executed only 3 times (but in further tests it kept going).
In any case, doesn't seem to be very reliable...

And now I just tried changing the threads-per-processor to 2 and then it
works with 1.3.1. Has anyone an explanation for this?

Could anyone of the avalon folks also tell if the remark about the
deadlock problem in the following message is still relevant?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104628525923843&w=2