cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: I18nTransformer : differences between 2.1 and 2.0
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2003 16:37:36 GMT
On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 18:15, Sylvain Wallez wrote:
> Hi mates,
>
> I'm currently porting an i18nized application from 2.0 to 2.1 and hit an
> incompatible change due to the namespace change between the two versions.
>
> Browsing the docs, I can't see any change in the i18n markup. The
> changes seem only to be in the component's configuration which now
> accept several catalogues.
>
> Did I miss some other important changes (I mean incompatible ones) ?

We had this discussion some time ago, and nobody seemed to remember why
it changed, but it changed.

There have been features added but I don't know if (and don't think
that) compatibility of existing features was broken.

> If not, why doesn't this transformer accept a "legacy" mode with the old
> namespace and configuration ? This would allow for immediate back
> compatibility.

Seems ok to me. If we tried this before the 2.1 release I would even
have been in favor of dropping the 2.1 namespace alltogether, but now
it's a bit too late for that.

BTW, the old sitemap configuration (before multi-catalogue support) is
still supported.