cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [QUICK-VOTE] Release Date for 2.1 final
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 12:05:48 GMT
On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 11:16, Ugo Cei wrote:
> Bruno Dumon wrote:
> > I'm fine with either, but one thing that IMO still needs to be done
> > prior to release is remove the old FOM. It is however still used in a
> > few places (xmlform, linotype). People who will use that code as an
> > example for doing their own stuff will end up using the unsupported API.
>
> I have a working port of Linotype to the new FOM, *BUT* it requires
> adding a getRealPath method to cocoon.context. Since this method wasn't
> included in the FOM proposal, I haven't included it, but it's a one-liner.
>
> I could either add it right away and commit the modified Linotype
> implementation tonight, or we could call a vote, but in that case I
> won't be able to commit it until September (leaving tomorrow for summer
> vacations). Alternatively, I could post a patch to bugzilla.

There's still a third option: use a Java-class to retrieve the realpath,
which is currently the best solution IMO.

I've attached just such a class, put it next to the other linotype java
sources, and then use the following in the flowscript:

defineClass("org.apache.cocoon.components.Linotype");
var home = new Linotype().getRepositoryHome() + "samples/linotype/";

I don't know anything about linotype, but maybe this fits better into
the existing Repository class, so that the actual realpath is never used
in the flowscript itself.