cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Bruno Dumon <br...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Xerces-J 2.5.0 now available
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 15:10:35 GMT
On Fri, 2003-08-01 at 17:06, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
> Steven Noels wrote:

> >> Has anybody seen this / tried this with Cocoon?
> >

> > Our own Transformer already does XPointer & XML Base.
>
> But I would *love* to delegate that to the Xerces guys, if possible...
> out implementation is partial and probably not going anywhere, theirs
> might be much more supported and vital.

I find it quite odd that XInclude is part of the parser. They could as
well start putting XSLT support in there.

A cocoon XInclude transformer has the advantage that you can put it
anywhere in the pipeline, i.e. after another transformation has been
applied. And it allows to do XInclude processing on stuff that's not
parsed from an XML file.