cocoon-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Roger I Martin PhD" <>
Subject Re: "Production" build for Cocoon?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:11:16 GMT
Hi Chris,

>We're okay with using the master Cocoon sitemap (saves us a lot of
declaring and configuring) and letting it mount our stuff, but we'd like to
be able to do a build that leaves out all of the samples, etc.

Yes and you can copy it to your independent webapp directories and then
include your sitemap specific stuff in the master Cocoon sitemap directly
and comment out parts that are causing it to look for things you haven't
included in the build.  It is the starting point in your webapp.  From there
you need the jars and dependent jars from a successful build of Cocoon in
webapp/WEB_INF/lib, etc.  While you are developing, you can move the whole
webapp to a server(I use Tomcat) and actually just edit and test files such
as xsp's, xsl's, etc.  Much less time consuming than dealing with war'ing
and unwar'ing.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Chris Clark" <>
To: <>
Sent: Friday, August 22, 2003 12:20 PM
Subject: RE: "Production" build for Cocoon?

I was just about to reply saying that the local.*.properties approach
doesn't really work.
I tried excluding some things that I didn't want and the build simply
(One of the things I excluded was the "deprecated" package, but apparently
Cocoon needs it in 2.1m2.)

Also, when I excluded both the scratchpad and the samples from the webapp,
some of the directories were created before the build failed again which is
not what I expected.

[As an aside, we tried doing the "build war" and then deploying the war file
under Weblogic 7.0 at one point.  It didn't work and eventually we gave up
and just copied over the exploded directories.
I know we're all developers and so we can figure out how to deploy things as
we want, but at the same time, it would make Cocoon that much more
attractive as a tool if some of these things (like a "production war file")
came "out of the box".]

If anyone is interested, here's the results I got when I changed the
properties files...
-- Chris

View raw message