cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger I Martin PhD" <hypernex...@hypernexinc.com>
Subject Re: "Production" build for Cocoon?
Date Fri, 22 Aug 2003 18:11:16 GMT
Hi Chris,

>We're okay with using the master Cocoon sitemap (saves us a lot of
declaring and configuring) and letting it mount our stuff, but we'd like to
be able to do a build that leaves out all of the samples, etc.

Yes and you can copy it to your independent webapp directories and then
include your sitemap specific stuff in the master Cocoon sitemap directly
and comment out parts that are causing it to look for things you haven't
included in the build.  It is the starting point in your webapp.  From there
you need the jars and dependent jars from a successful build of Cocoon in
webapp/WEB_INF/lib, etc.  While you are developing, you can move the whole
webapp to a server(I use Tomcat) and actually just edit and test files such
as xsp's, xsl's, etc.  Much less time consuming than dealing with war'ing
and unwar'ing.

-Roger