cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: SourcepropWritingTransformer
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 09:53:06 GMT
Stephan Michels wrote:
> On Tue, 26 Aug 2003, Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>
>> Guido Casper wrote:
>>> I'm however cautious about breaking SourceDescriptionGenerator,
more
>>> so that I found that the slide block isn't marked unstable (Is it
>>> too late to change this?).
>>
>> I guess we should ask Stephen about it, but I'd be +1, since Slide
>> itself is unstable.
>
> No doubts. All I wanted was to write an ultimative
DirectoryGenerator
> which the SourceDescriptionGenerator.

I liked the idea of SourceDescriptionGenerator. What would be nice is
to have it even more configurable in what kind of properties it
delivers (maybe via a list of property names).

<snip/>
> DircetoryGenerator -> Information of Sources
> SourcepropsWritingTransformer -> Getting additional properties
>
> This would make my way easier
>
> DircetoryGenerator
> SourcepropsWritingTransformer
> SourcePermissionsTransformer
> SourceLocksTransformer
> SourceInspectorTransformer
>
> -> all information, which one can need

I think a Generator for getting (any kind of) properties is more
suitable.

How about:

    <map:match pattern="dir/">
      <map:generate type="directory" src="dir/"/>
      <map:transform src="2cinclude.xsl"/>
      <map:transform type="cinclude"/>
      <map:serialize type="xml"/>
    </map:match>

and having CIncludeTransformer pointing to one or several
SourceDescriptionGenerators?
You wouldn't have each transformer to make its own WebDAV request.

What do you think?

Guido