cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Roger I Martin PhD" <hypernex...@hypernexinc.com>
Subject Re: 'Production' build for Cocoon?
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:25:09 GMT
Hi Antonio,

At the moment I'm checking out Lenya by CVS so I can understand it's impact
on the use of Cocoon and webapp design.  Then I'll get back to you on what
Cocoon's INSTALL.txt needs added.

Right now INSTALL.txt needs some things cut out of it:
<snip>
Let me guess: you don't like to read verbose docs, right?
Great, this file is for you.
</snip>
<snip>

your mileage may vary depending on your shell, but you know how to setup
environments, right?
</snip>
<snip>
That's it!

Now, you have two choices:
a) close this file and try to hack something out by yourself
b) keep reading
Go ahead and choose option a), but don't complain if you can't figure out
how
to use the cocoon build system for your needs.

Still here? good. You won't regret it.
</snip>
<snip>

All right, that's it for now.
Happy hacking with Cocoon.
</snip>

Would you rather a CVS patch that removes these?

Typos and English troubles are not a problem.   A good editor can solve
those quickly.  It's coyness, obnoxious "playing" with people new to Cocoon
in the first documents they read that lowers first impressions.

The overview on http://cocoon.apache.org/ gives a good first impression.
Where is the person who wrote it?

br,

Roger

BTW, it is fine for email between developers to have typos, English problems
and "self expression" :-)  One thing I do note is many take snips out of
other people's email to express themselves about said snippet and lose the
context like a bunch of quibbling Biblical "scholars":-)  Perhaps someday
instead of using email lists we can use a Content Management System where we
can link to reference a particular piece of writing we're wanting to
discuss.