cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Guido Casper" <gcas...@s-und-n.de>
Subject Re: SourcepropWritingTransformer
Date Wed, 27 Aug 2003 06:33:13 GMT
Guido Casper wrote:
> Gianugo Rabellino wrote:
>> This is, however, the case of the current SourceProperty, a
contract
>> that, as of now, we might not want to break.
>
> I think we have to. For example in:
>
>     public SourceProperty(Element property) {
>         this.namespace = property.getNamespaceURI();
>         this.name = property.getLocalName();
>         this.value = property;
>     }
>
> the whole element is set to the value which might not be what you
want
> above. It might even be convenient for WebDAVSource but don't we
want
> to make sure InspectableSource supports sources without XMLized
> properties?

Maybe having getValueAsString() not skipping non-text elements
(although I might not understand what the rationale for this behaviour
is) would be enough to support sources without XMLized properties.

But I would also like to change SourceProperty.value to only hold the
property child nodes. This would also simplify
WebDAVSource.getSourceProperties().

Guido