cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: cvs commit: cocoon-2.1/src/documentation/xdocs index.xml
Date Tue, 12 Aug 2003 10:46:09 GMT

From: Steven Noels

> On 12/08/2003 11:58 Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
> > Does anybody mind if I add "SAP R/3 (r)" as another option?
>
> "Just do it" (tm)! Carsten hasn't finished his meal yet. ;-)
>
> Uhm: just a wondering thought: don't this thing needs regular
> updates?
> Or does it run OOTB with SAP? I'm utterly SAP-clueless, so
> any real-life
> experiences with it would be welcome.

SAP provides a connector that works for R/3 (release 3.1i which is many,
many years old and above - now they have reached 4.7) and all their "New
Dimension" products like CRM, Business Warehouse, ...

The API of this connector (called JayCo for Java Connector contains a
Java library and a native library for the operating system on which it
is installed) is rather stable and I think it is J2EE complient since
JayCo 2.x. So updates shouldn't be necessary that often.

Cheers,
Reinhard