cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: Getting an X from a FOM_X
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:55:38 GMT
Hi Ugo,

From: Ugo Cei

> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> > You see... Here lies the problem: everything not wrapped in
> js_ should
> > not be accessible. See all those discussions on "less is more" and
> > "FOM". Before adding anything into the FOM (adding some new
> wrapper)
> > vote should take place. FOM was limited by design.
> >
> > Vadim
> >

> Oh yes, I see. In fact, I have solved the issue by "unwrapping" the
> o.a.c.e.Request in a Java method and haven't added anything
> to the FOM.
>
> But now I have a need to add the "getRealPath" method to the context,
> only because Linotype uses it extensively and I wanted to
> port it to the
> FOM. Is there a particular reason why it shouldn't be there?

I think because Stefano considered it as hack - see his comment:

/*
 * Yeah, I know that hardwiring those is hacky as hell. But I'll try to
 * fix this with link translation later on.
 */
var home = cocoon.context.getRealPath("/") + "samples/linotype/";

Maybe you can use the return value of the corresponding
input module (if it exists ...) and provide it as parameter to the
flow (until somebody implemented link translation).

Cheers,
Reinhard