cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: [QUICK-VOTE] Release Date for 2.1 final
Date Thu, 07 Aug 2003 08:48:23 GMT

From: Bruno Dumon

> On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 09:44, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> > I just wanted to check what the general feeling for the
> final release
> > date of 2.1 is.
> >
> > I think we can either release next week (12th) or the week after
> > (19th).
> >
> > I prefer the 12th and don't think that we need one more
> week. We can
> > make a 2.1.1 were easy anyway.
> >
> > So, to make this thread easier, please only speak up if you
> think that
> > the 19th is better and give a short reason.
>
> I'm fine with either, but one thing that IMO still needs to
> be done prior to release is remove the old FOM. It is however
> still used in a few places (xmlform, linotype). People who

Xmlforms has been deprecated in favour of JXForms. It is only
necessary to support users who have build their applications around
it. So I

 - create a "deprecated blocks" section in blocks.properties
 - uncommented the flow examples in XMLForms
 - uncommented the non-FOM flow implementation

After commenting out the non-FOM flow interpreter Linotype is
broken. As it is an unstable block it shouldn't matter.

IIRC Ugo has already started updating Linotype using FOM but I
don't know how far he has come. I think he had some problems
with a method not available in the context object.

Cheers,
Reinhard