cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Konstantin Piroumian" <kpiroum...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Official i18n namespace (was Re: I18nTransformer : differences between 2.1 and 2.0)
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 14:40:42 GMT
My trigger on i18n was late this time as I am on vacation, but I'd like to
explain why the namespace was changed.
A quot from changes list:

<quot>
Extended implementation of i18n transformer to allow markup in translations,
inline translations (conditional processing) and named parameters. Now i18n
transformer is cachable, this will affect on dynamic markup, e.g.
i18n:date-time. WARN: The namespace of i18n markup is changed to
"http://apache.org/cocoon/i18n/2.1". i18n samples are updated to demonstrate
the new features. (KP) Thanks to Matthieu Sozeau.
</quote>

Also, there are minor changes in syntax for number formatting in translation
parameters (don't remember details).

What is the most important thing is that 2.1 version is cached, while 2.0 is
not.

In any case, I am +1 for adding support for both namespaces. Another
solution could be to add a stylesheet and an Ant target for migrating 2.0 to
2.1 markup.

I should add that I am agree with all you decide, guys, cause it seems that
you are more interested in i18n than I am ATM.

Regards,
  Konstantin

From: "Sylvain Wallez" <sylvain.wallez@anyware-tech.com>