cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Reinhard Pötz <reinhard_po...@gmx.net>
Subject RE: How to use input modules in flow
Date Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:37:28 GMT

From: news [mailto:news@sea.gmane.org]

> Reinhard Pötz wrote:
>
> >>The FOM does not provide access to input modules, does it?
> So, what is
> >>the recommended way to get an object from an Avalon component?
> >
> > var myComp = cocoon.getComponent("myComp.ROLE");
> > var myObj  = myComp.mymethod();
>
> Thanks for your fast answer!
>
> I guess the component is automatically released when the
> script terminates?

Sorry, forget this. Auto-release hasn't been implemented yet or more
precicly Chris wrote some experimental stuff but it hasn't been
integrated into CVS. Maybe we can add this to the scratchpad? What do
you think Chris?
Because of a lack of time I only had a brief look at it but couldn't
test it more extensivly.

So back to your question - for now you have to call

cocoon.releaseComponent( myComp );

Cheers,
Reinhard