cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: What about additional community services?
Date Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:24:08 GMT

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote, On 24/07/2003 15.14:

> On Wednesday, Jul 23, 2003, at 04:06 America/Guayaquil, Nicola Ken
> Barozzi wrote:
>

>> As some know, I have put a service based on Ant on my server that
>> weekly downloads from Bugzilla the patches of Cocoon, formats them in
>> text, and sends them to the mailing list. This makes it easy to keep
>> track of what is happening with patches.
>>
>> Some have asked that I move this to Apache CVS+hardware, and I agree.
>> In fact I'd like to switch to python as it makes more sense and I can
>> run it on Apache HW with no problem.
>>
>> The question is: where to put it?
>
> what about the "tools" directory on the cocoon CVS?

Well it *was* there, and also in build.xml for quite some time, but
nobody cared. So I rmed it (IIRC it was also part of your spring
cleaning program, but I could be wrong)

> or maybe a cocoon-site/ module.

Other Apache projects have asked me if it's possible to set it up.

>> How to set it up?
>
> a cron job on icarus?

It's in Java (Ant), can I run it there?

>> Does it make sense to put it in the Gump script invocations?
>
> not sure, what are the pro/cons?

Well, there has been a discussion on the gump list following this mail.
The outcome is that it's probably not part of Gump.

It's a bit like your Agora or the Apache map, or Vadim's stats, all
useful services for the community but no place to be.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -