cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From Giacomo Pati <giac...@apache.org>
Subject [vote] extend FOM_Request with remoteUser
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2003 16:16:49 GMT

Hi all

I'd like to propose an extension to the FOM_Request class with the property
'remoteUser'.

Use case
--------
The servlet container is configured for 'basic authentication'. The Flow script
needs the login name to map it to a User object.

Alternative
Use Input Module to pass the remoteUser to the Flow script

Rational
--------
I see it as a often used pattern to map a login name to a user object. I don't
see why a Flow script shouldn't have access to the Requests getRemoteUser
method directly through the FOM.

My vote is +1 to add the remoteUser property to the FOM_Request class.

Giacomo

BTW: I have the changes ready to be committed on my HD ;-)