cocoon-dev mailing list archives

From "Carsten Ziegeler" <cziege...@s-und-n.de>
Subject RE: Preparing for 2.2
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2003 08:40:49 GMT
Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

> I tend to agree, but I'm not sure if real blocks can be implemented
> incrementally without disturbing the tree.

Yes, I have the same feeling.

> So, how do we move forward? branch? (I'm not being ironic, just curious
> of what others think)

Do you mean a new repo by branch? Or a real branch? (I guess, you mean
the first one, so this is for the others: we had this lengthy discussion
when we created the 2.1 repo that branching is "bad" and we should better
create new repos instead.)

I think it's not a problem to have three streams at a time (2.0/2.1/2.2).
But to make it easier I would only copy the build system and the core
source code to the 2.2 repository. Everything else is taken from 2.1.
This should hopefully avoid unncessary branching or applying patches
to more than one stream; except the core of course, but that's stable
in most areas anyway.

Carsten